Feb 15, 2009

Steady progress

After my last post I headed to High Point, North Carolina on business. I was pleasantly surprised at the progress when I returned. Good weather helped a lot.

This photo is evidence of just how good the weather really was. And it was around this time that the guys started kidding me about always bringing the good weather with me when I came into town. If my memory is right it was actually in the 70's for awhile on this trip

The walls and roof of the garage went up quite quickly.

The beginnings of a second floor had even started. This is what will be the view out of the room that will be back behind the upstairs bedroom. My first chance to go "upstairs" even though I had to climb a ladder instead of stairs to get there at this point

This is a much more mundane view. I'm standing at the back end of the garage looking down what will eventually be a ramp to the outside. The idea behind the ramp is that I hope it will be easier to haul things like my small kayak into the garage for the winter without having to go up stairs.

I couldn't resist grabbing this shot which is taken from just about where my breakfast table will be. Oh, I can hardly wait to actually have a decent spot for a table to eat at! No more noshing in the living room all summer. And yes, also having the ability to have friends and family over for a meal now and then.

You can see a bit of the old decking in this photo that was just outside the kitchen door. You can also see that the door frame no longer lines up with said decking. This is one of those little things discovered when the plans don't quite match up with the actual construction. This was only the first of several such discoveries over the next several months. Ahhhhh the joys of remodeling.

The next photos are simply a series that show the framing for the lakeside extension going up and how it relates to the garage.

Basically we're bumping out the lakeside wall by six feet from the kitchen to the downstairs bedroom/office. This will allow a kitchen seating area, more room in the downstairs bath, and in the bedroom/office area.

This final photo shows where the doorway to aforementioned ramp will lead into the main garage.

Photos taken November 4, 2008


No comments: