Feb 15, 2009

Pour it on

The same day I went over to the construction site to grab some quick pics of the progress the crew arrived to pour the garage floor.

Backing the truck up to start the pour. If you look closely you can see the wire support grid has already been laid down and the drain is in place

It's surprising how lumpy the cement starts off when you think about how smooth it ends up

The first part of the smoothing process begins as the crew simply drags a straightedge across the surface as the cement is being poured

Once enough cement has been poured another step in the smoothing process takes place as they put together the longest pole I think I've ever seen and attach it to another smoothing bar.

I came back later in the afternoon after the cement had a chance to set up a bit and watched a final smoothing step which required what looks a bit like a hand held zamboni

And of course I couldn't resist making my mark. I was so glad it worked out that I was there on the day of the pour.

photos taken October 23, 2008


No comments: